Check out some of our favourite uses for NONA Vegan Sauces!
Twice Baked NONA Potatoes
NONA’s Creamy Summer Coleslaw
NONA’s Cheesy Dogs
NONA’s Alfredo Pizza
NONA’s Scrambled Tofu
NONA’s Harvest Stew
NONA’s Stuffed Portobellos
NONA & Neal’s Nachos
NONA’s Stuffed Peppers
NONA’s Herbed Mashed Potatoes
NONA’s Cheesy Chili Tofu
NONA’s Cheesy Fries
NONA’s Duo “Cheese” Lasagna
NONA’s Cheesy Fries
TWICE BAKED NONA POTATOES
1. Clean potatoes, cover with some oil and place onto cookie sheet into oven heated at 400’C
2. Once softened (45-60 minutes), remove the potatoes, carefully cut in half lengthwise and allow to cool
3. Reduce oven to 350’C
4. Once the potatoes are cool enough to touch, scoop out the centers and place into a bowl – leaving about 1/4″ layer in the skins
5. Coat the insides of the scooped out skins with BBQ sauce
6. Mix NONA Carbonara-Style sauce into the bowl of scooped potatos and mash until creamy & incorporated.
7. Place the mashed potatoes back into the skins. Cover + Bake for about 15 minutes.
8. Top with warmed Cheesy-Style sauce, coconut bacon, green onions and whatever toppings you chose!
- In a pan, covered, over medium heat, fry jackfruit in BBQ sauce for 25 minutes or until softened
- In a small saucepan heat NONA Cheesy-Style sauce (or warm in the microwave)
- Add the pulled jackfruit to your tacos
- Top with avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, and whatever toppings you desire!
- Douse the tacos with warmed NONA Cheesy-Style sauce
- Dig in & enjoy!
1. Slice veggies of your choice (here we used roasted portobello mushrooms, sweet orange peppers, tomatoes, & spinach)
2. Lay out a wrap of your choice (we love Rudi’s gluten-free wraps)
3. Spread NONA vegan sauce on the wrap – for this one we used our smokey Carbonara-Style sauce, add veggies and roll!
NONA’S CREAMY SUMMER COLESLAW
1. Shred cabbage (red and/or green), carrots, peppers, red onion and/or any veggies you like!
2. Mix all together with NONA Alfredo-Style (enough to coat well), a touch of oil, salt & pepper to taste
NONA’S CHEESY DOGS
1. BBQ, cook over a campfire, bake, or fry up some veggie dogs! (We used Field Roast sausages here)
2. Heat up some NONA Cheesy-Style sauce in a sauce pan or small pot – stir frequently
3. Add toppings of your choice to your dogs.
4. Drizze NONA Cheesy-Style sauce on top of them! (Pro tip: save some sauce for a extra side dunking dish)
NONA’S ALFREDO PIZZA
1. Make or purchase your favourite pizza crust
2. Roast a head of garlic (Simply Recipes has great instructions on this if you need!)
3. Spread the roasted garlic onto your crust
4. Cover the crust with a layer of NONA Alfredo-Style sauce
5. Add toppings of your choice (for this recipe we used mushrooms, spinach, red onions and fresh basil)
6. Drizzle a little more NONA sauce on top of the toppings
7. Bake as per your curst instructions & enjoy!
**Note: NONA Cheesy-Style and Carbonara-Style make excellent crust dipping sauces
NONA’S SCRAMBLED TOFU
1. Brown chopped onions and garlic in a frying pan with oil
2. Crumble tofu with your hands and add to pan
3. Add tamari, lemon juice, and spices (we used fresh dill, paprika and tumeric)
4. Add veggies of your choice (for this dish we just opted for red peppers, but sometimes we add zucchini, spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes)
5. Add NONA Cheesy-Style sauce (about 300ml per 1lb block of tofu)
6. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
7. Drizzle with additional NONA Cheesy-Style sauce if necessary.
NONA’S HARVEST STEW
1. Remove lid of pie pumpkin and/or acorn squash & clean out seeds
2. Boil potatoes (we used sweet & white) in a pot of water until slightly tender
3. Fill each pumpkin/squash with a combination of potatoes, peas, carrots, and any other vegetable/bean you would like to include in your stew
4. Add NONA Carbonara-Style or Alfredo-Style sauce to the pumpkins/squash
5. We inserted sprigs of rosemary & thyme into each before replacing the lids and baking
6. Place on baking sheet and bake until pumpkin/squash is tender (We did 400′ for 60 minutes but cooking times vary
NONA’S STUFFED PORTOBELLOS
1. Clean out your portobello mushrooms
2. Stuff with NONA sauce of your choice (We used Carbonara-Style in this picture)
3. Select and add toppings (We used sun-dried tomatoes and chives
4. Wrap in foil and bake or grill until tender!
1. Use NONA Carbonara-Style in sandwiches for a creamy, smokey, peppery condiment!
NONA & NEAL’S NACHOS
1. We love Neal Brother’s Nachos. Get their blue corn variety for a beautifully colourful dish!
2. Top with olives, green onions, Neal Brother’s salsa, chopped peppers (and anything else you so desire!)
3. Heat up NONA Cheesy-Style sauce and pour all over your nachos
NONA’S STUFFED PEPPERS
1. Remove pepper lid (keep it!) and clean out peppers.
2. Level off the bottom of the pepper if necessary so that it stands upright.
3. Make rice and mix with NONA Alfredo to make a NONA Risotto!
4. Stuff the NONA Risotto into peppers and bake at 375′ for about 20 minutes or until the peppers are browning.
5. Experiment with adding other vegetables, walnuts, or lentils to the Risotto before stuffing to customize your peppers!
NONA’S CREAMY HERBED MASHED POTATOES
1. Clean & peel potatoes
2. Boil in salted water until cooked all the way through
3. Mash up the potatoes with a bit of olive oil to start
4. Add NONA Alfredo sauce and continue to mash until fully incorporated
5. Voila! These make a great addition to a holiday meal, or just a comforting night in!
NONA’S CHEESY CHILI TOFU
1. Cut tofu into 1/2″ slabs & marinate with tamari, salt, pepper, lemon juice
2. Bake or fry tofu until golden brown
3. In 2 separate pots, heat up NONA Cheesy-Style sauce and chill of your choice (home-made, or your favourite canned variety)
4. Cover the tofu with Chili + Cheesy-Style sauce!
- We like to use oven-ready rice lasagna noodles – but you can use whatever you prefer! (Tip: if you’re using oven-ready, make sure to use extra tomato sauce to ensure proper cooking)
- Begin to assemble!
- First layer: Tomato sauce
- Second layer: Noodles
- Third layer: Crumbled firm tofu & Salt
- Fourth layer: NONA Alfredo sauce or NONA Cheesy sauce
- Fifth layer: Spinach (or veggie of your choice!)
- Repeat the above steps alternating between NONA Alfredo sauce & NONA Cheesy sauce until you reach the top of your baking dish
- Bake as per the noodle instructions – let sit before serving… and enjoy!
- Heat up your favourite veggie ground meat substitute with NONA Cheesy sauce in a frying pan.
- Keep some sauce aside and heat separately on its own
- Fry up some onions (we like to add a bit of wheat free tamari or coconut aminos to them while frying)
- Fill up a fresh bun with the ground “meat” mixture. Top with onions, tomatos and your favourite toppings & drizzle some extra Cheesy sauce on top!
- If you are purchasing pre-made cannelloni, we recommend “oven-ready” for this dish
- Mix NONA’s Alfredo and/or Cheesy sauce with some crumbled firm tofu (tofu + NONA’s Alfredo tastes very much like ricotta cheese)
- You may add in chopped veggies of your choice to the mixture if you’d like!
- Stuff your cannelloni noodles
- Bake according to noodle package and top with NONA sauce or your use your favourite tomato sauce recipe!